My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://ammonra.net
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Soulstice f/Kev Brown "Birds Eye View"



Soulstice's author's note for "Bird's Eye View":

I'm from Chicago, but I've lived in the DC area for several years. Living in DC, you're so close to the politics and decision-making, but you're no more able to affect what happens than anyone else. It raises your awareness, but also increases your level of frustration at times. Conceptually, this song is an important piece of the "Beyond Borders" project because sometimes the best way to impact the world is to take a look at closer look at the way we do things here. I wrote the line about needing a Black president well before Obama was elected and I'm happy to see that prophecy fulfilled. Kev Brown, one of Maryland's finest rhymers and beatsmiths, joins me on this one...we actually recorded this joint at Kev's house.


"Birds Eye View" appears on Soulstice's forthcoming LP "Beyond Borders"

Download Soulstice f/Kev Brown "Birds Eye View"